@Everyone

I know we have been enjoying playing around with the AI apps, but I have taken the administrative decision to remove it from the forum for the time being.

The drama behind the image collection in the art community is really heating up, and they have some good and bad points.

I am not going to say that you aren’t allowed to play with the apps, but for the time being, we have to tread cautiously in the community regarding the use of these images.

As with most everything in the art world, this will die off in the long run, because, let’s face it, now that it’s out there, it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. We will need to adapt. Soon, something else will come along to shake the art world. Just give it a minute.

I have seen most of your art done traditionally, and don’t ever let anyone tell you that you aren’t an artist :wink:

😘 I totally understand. I haven't looked at the videos I was sent as to why people don't like it but I will get around to it so I can see the pros and cons properly. I know it will never replace my own art or that of others though.

I am not threatened by it in the slightest. I don’t believe it will take people’s jobs.

I do understand now that it takes the art from real artists to generate these images. So, I think it would be unethical to call one an artist by using it.

In my opinion, the only people who should feel threatened are those who create art for the sole purpose of income. If an artist creates art simply because they love art, this technology will have no real effect on them.

We have known forever that if you put something on the internet, it will be taken at one point or another. It’s an unwritten agreement of the internet. Unfortunately.

This tech is no different than the years and decades of other people taking our work and using it. Not to mention those who traced it and called it their own. Granted, this makes things a bit quicker, but it’s not any different.

Speaking as an artist, I am not surprised that art is being taken by this tech. And I am not at all fazed by it. I do feel bad for all of the artists having their work reproduced, though. But it has happened since art was a thing, and it will never stop.

It can never take my “job” because I can actually connect to my clients and make proper alterations to make a piece exactly they way the want it.

Last edited:
I do understand the upset, but you're also correct in saying if it's posted anywhere on the net, it's about the same as putting a copy on everyone's front porch. Monetized content creators are in a pickle in general from the get-go, because in order to share their work for sales it must be displayed or shared somewhere and there are always bad apples, large and small, who are more than happy to take things and claim it as thier own. But I also know, the average person playing with those AI art apps don't know copyright law even a little bit and had no real understanding of the potential impact until it became a mainstream discussion. There was no bad intent in most, it was just ignorance of the mechanism of production. It's really a toss-up though, especially when the pros and cons each apply to different groups of people. Just my two cents.
But I am fine with not using them, I never tried them out to start with. :wink:

I agree Rene.
I have seen a lot of posts from Artists, Designers and Store owners, and many that do not understand it, and just agree with those that created the post. I have also seen AI art in the stores, created by others, and people are buying the artwork not knowing it is AI. Stores are making their own rules, whether they allow it or do not allow it. It is confusing a lot of people.
There are some copyright cases being filed for AI at the courts too. (For Mid Journey and Deviant Art).
For our stores we have not made any rules regarding AI at this stage, we are keeping an eye on the situation and will deal with any issues that may arise. We have asked our staff to be cautious when buying products.

I agree Rene.
I have seen a lot of posts from Artists, Designers and Store owners, and many that do not understand it, and just agree with those that created the post. I have also seen AI art in the stores, created by others, and people are buying the artwork not knowing it is AI. Stores are making their own rules, whether they allow it or do not allow it. It is confusing a lot of people.
There are some copyright cases being filed for AI at the courts too. (For Mid Journey and Deviant Art).
For our stores we have not made any rules regarding AI at this stage, we are keeping an eye on the situation and will deal with any issues that may arise. We have asked our staff to be cautious when buying products.
I was told by someone at the store you gave me the link to that they would not take my AI art at all. They also said they would not take my photography as it doesn't sell

I was told by someone at the store you gave me the link to that they would not take my AI art at all. They also said they would not take my photography as it doesn't sell
Sorry I can't remember what link that was. Many stores are changing their AI rules, and changing them again and again.....once they learn more about it. Can you send me the link please.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't remember what link that was. Many stores are changing their AI rules, and changing then again and again.....once they learn more about it. Can you send me the link please.
Ok, will do that in the morning...I am at work now and just taking a quick break 🫂

Back
Top Bottom