I take art theft VERY seriously.

I don't care if it's just some person trying to impress someone else by pretending to draw something they didn't. In my eyes, that is up there with using it for monetary gain.

Just. Don't. Do. It.

Anyone caught passing another person's work off as their own will be removed from this community. No questions asked. There is not an answer that can be given that I will be lenient with.

If you need guidance about what is acceptable, I am ALWAYS willing to give tips and starter advice. Just shoot me a message here, or on any other of my social medias.

But what about fanart?

I love fanart. I draw a lot of fanart. However, I label it as such. As should everyone else! Fanart is great as long as it is YOU doing the drawing. Don't trace it. Just draw your version of it: what your style brings you to draw.

NEVER take another artist's art and say you drew it. That is NEVER ok.

But how would I know, you ask? I check. When I see someone doing art, and all of the sudden, the style changes, I will check. I have my ways of finding if an artwork is authentic. Very simple ways, at that. Everyone can check.

Just do a google image search. If you save the image and upload it to the google image search, you will find where it comes from. Just click the camera icon in the google image search bar.

https://www.google.mn/imghp?hl=en&ogbl

MEoOetv.png

And if you see that it is listed on MANY sites, then it has probably been around a while. Check some of those links. Most of the time, you can even find the original artist of said work.

[edit=1]
Now, don't be intimidated by this... if you aren't stealing art, then this doesn't apply to you. Using references for your art is not stealing. References are a great tool for art creation. [/edit]

Anyone can trace , that’s not art . And disrespectful also to the artist that took the time to create .

I am amazed at how many people still do this.

Sometimes, I think it might be the need to "fit in." I mean, I don't fault them completely for that, it is in human nature to want to be part of the crowd. But when it comes to this forum, since it is actually about trading and selling art, that kind of "fitting in" doesn't belong.

It is better to be crappy and get better, than to claim you did the work already by riding on someone's back.

Back
Top Bottom