Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
For graphite and charcoal, we know there is nothing better than a good set of brushes.  However, outside of expensive pastel brushes, there isn't a whole lot of choices...

So... Try makeup brushes!  Makeup brushes come in all kinds of sizes and shapes.  Each does something a little different.  Hell, you could even go as far as getting some makeup sponges.

Try it! You won't regret it.

I would have never thought of that! Thanks!! However, it may look really strange with my big hairy self going into the cosmetics sector asking which brushes are the softest. I might just have to have someone video that while I am there!!!

Let's see what your set of brushes looks like! That way we can judge on what we should get without spending a small fortune. Those things are definitely not cheap.

I have loads, but these are the ones I use most often. The huge one is for just brushing away loose graphite or eraser "fuzzies," The smaller big one is for doing really seriously soft shading that you can't even really see unless you use a kneaded eraser to pull back out some white bits.

The two-ended one I used for different things. The small end is for doing rough blending and shading. Like hair and eyes. The fluffier end is for blending for skin, since it is softer. It leaves a better gradient.

The flat one is for putting my textures around the outside.

The two tiny ones are actually really stiff, cheap, watercolor brushes that come in those kids' sets. I trimmed them down to be short and stumpy so I can really grind the graphite down into the paper to make the darkest of darks.

IMG_5078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom