0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.

What’s the absolute worst piece of advice you have ever gotten?​

Youre The Worst Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

For me... it was "Go home little girl."

One of my "idols" told me this when I was younger. I stopped art for 6 years after being told. I still get seriously upset when I think that someone would even say this to another person who looked up to them. The vanity and pride coming from his words scarred me for life.

People wonder why I try to push others into doing the stuff they say "I wish I could..." lol. This is why. I refuse to say anything like that to anyone. If someone is trying their best, then that is what matters!

Remember, anything you WANT to do, you can achieve, even if it isn't your idea of perfection. Just remember to set your goals at intervals. Small victories are the best victories.

DO EEET!

Back in my days of tagging, etc I was once told that learning Photoshop and how to do animations was too difficult for me to do and that I should just let others do that type of work. It just made me more determined to teach myself how to do them because I was told I couldn't. I'd have to re-learn it all over again now since I haven't done it in a while but I did learn it and I did do it, basically to show that person that I could!

I've gotten a lot of bad advice, but I think one of the ones that have stuck with me is: Let professionals take care of it.

Don't get me wrong, having someone who knows what they are doing is great. However, the professionals got where they are by actually doing stuff. If everyone left everything to "the professionals," it could get to a point where no one knows how to do anything at all without calling someone else.

This goes without saying that sometimes you NEED someone else to do something, especially when it could be dangerous. Electricity, construction, etc. But mundane stuff can always be tackled by everyday people. If you don't WANT to do something, then that's a completely different story. But if I am trying to do something myself, and someone else stops me to say "you can't do this," then it gives me the motivation to say "yes I can."

A little context:

This came from me trying to fix a bathroom sink. I had already gotten halfway through it when my roommate started berating me for "making a mess" in their bathroom. It made me wonder if she realized that the plumber would have made MORE of a mess than I did. Yes. I cleaned it up. Of course, I moved out not long after, because apparently, my contributions to the house weren't enough. But that goes on a different rant, and here isn't the place.

Growing up I was not interested in sport, cooking sewing etc, I loved art and crafts. When It came to my 6th form choices, there were not many craft options so I thought I would try woodwork, and back in those days girls did cooking and sewing and boys did woodwork and metal work. (that has all changed now as there are mixed classes of boys and girls). So on my first Woodwork lesson the "old" teacher asked what I was doing there, girls don t do woodwork!! He gave me a piece of wood and a hack saw and said to cut a joint shape out of the end of he wood!! The following week I was moved to a different class!! He was not a great teacher!!
On similar note.....Our neighbour and good friend had 4 children oldest at that time was about 6 and youngest was a new born. Her oldest, the only girl, said she wanted to be a nurse when she grew up, and I thought that would suit her as she was really good with her siblings looking after them. Her mother said......you would not want to do that there is too much reading to learn about it, you would not like that! So she agreed with her mother!! OMG!! I wanted to say something to my friend, but not in front of the kids!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom