That is a pretty great motivator. Thank you!

Wise words! I love it and will try to remember it.

I love this I’m sure that’s all played in our heads

Some of us remain amateurs, but that is ok too.

If you really want to draw, pick up a pencil and draw. If you think you are shit at it, you don't have to show anyone.

If you draw enough, I can almost guarantee you will get to a point where you are so proud of a drawing that you will have to show it off to people.

Maybe it will take a week. Maybe it will take a year.

You don't have to be famous to draw something. You don't have to expect the world to want to keep it forever and ever in a museum. You don't even have to worry about your friends thinking you are the greatest artist in the world. Do it for yourself.

If you really want to.

That is really good advice. You will never know if you can do something until you try and if you try you are doing more than a lot of people who just sit and wish but never actually do anything. I've tried a lot of things, some of which I was good at and some I wasn't, but at least I know because I tried.

Trying is the hardest part, actually... And more often than not, if someone isn't immediately an expert, they think they failed at it and quit. When actually, the failure was stopping in the first place.
That's me .... Kind of.
I feel like a failure if I don't get it right the first time. I don't quit anymore, but if it takes too many attempts and I haven't gotten it right it's very disheartening. I am going to save this somewhere so I can read it every day.

That is a really hard lesson to learn, though. Immediate success is rare, but it seems like it should be standard.

With Art I like to inspire others, and if I have inspired someone that makes me happy.

Back
Top Bottom