OzzieDreama

Suppporter
Town Favorite Previous Member of the Month Extremely Likeable
Activity

0%

Real Name
Michelle Forsyth
Gifts?
Art or craft supplies, anything bird related especially Cockatiels or Green Cheek Conures.
I haven't really been back in since the fire in May, this year has been absolutely crazy.
Two weeks after the house fire work decided that because my spine is so bad with the Osteoporosis that its not safe for me to be working on my own as I cannot lift the fire extinguishers or spill kits in an emergency (I work at a 24 hour petrol station). I understand this, but honestly, they have been trying to get rid of me for sometime so this was a good excuse for them. I have been put on unpaid leave with 3 monthly reviews but nothing is going to change, I am high risk fractures and even if I could improve my T-Scores over time it will take at least 2 years and my T-Score in one disc is so bad I will always be high risk of fractures.

Anyways, it took 8+ weeks and 16 different "assessments" to get the all clear to start clearing out the laundry.
Everyone was being careful because they found asbestos. It has finally been cleared out and gutted and I have a gaping hole in the floor and panels missing off the back wall. Tradies are so hard to pin down in this town at the moment but last week we were able to get the house leveled and most of the dodgy stumps replaced. Our Painter has finally turned up this morning and has started painting the outside of the house, unfortunately he still cannot do the back walls though as we haven't been able to start any of that work yet
frown.png
I just want the gaping hole in the laundry floor and the laundry wall gone
frown.png
But we will get there. To top it all off my grandfather passed away two weeks ago :sad: And now I am procrastinating and gotten way behind on my studies with 3 months to finish it all. I want this year to be over and done with!

The outside of the house will be this colour:

https://www.dulux.com.au/colour/colo...nd-shale-grey/

And the gutters, fascia & window hoods will be this colour:

https://www.dulux.com.au/colour/colo...bond-monument/

And window trims will be white.

I promise when things finally settle a little bit I will try to be more active again

That’s a lot to deal with! Holy poop! I’m sorry you are having such a bad year 😢

But those colors are nice!

That sounds like a type of discrimination… could you report them?

OMG I did not know you had a fire?, I hope there was not too much damage? (home or work?). :confused:
Even I would find those extinguishers heavy to lift!! Does sound like discrimination, and if they are trying to get rid of you, can you claim redundancy or early pension? Maybe an assistant to help in case of emergencies? :hug:
WOW Asbestos is so dangerous to your health, I hope there is no more around the house, if so, I would make sure that is gone asap. :huh:
Look forward to pics when the house is done.:hug:
Hope it all gets sorted soon :hug:

So it is discrimintaion but I can't actually do anything unless they fire me - I am on unpaid leave so still on their books as employed :sad:

We had damage to the laundry, outside wall, plumbing and electricity to the laundry and smoke and fire damage to part of the hallway & bathroom. I do have approval to get assistance around the house but with the all the work thats being done its a bit hard to get anyone in to help as the house is just constantly filling with dust.

Things are not improving, just a got a call this morning that my dad who came down from Cairns (The tropical part of QLD) for his dads Celebration Of Life has been admitted to hosipital. He has not been able to return home as he got too sick, they suspect Pneumonia and he is in his 70's so it has hit him really hard :sad: will update as soon as I know more :'( I cant even visit as he is in a part of Brisbane which is 3 hours drive each way and we have tradies turning up all week :'(

oh I am so sorry to hear about your dad, :hug: :hug: I hope he pulls through ok. :hug::hug: Are you able to have video chats with him?
Please be careful of that dust, hopefully it does not contain asbestos, as it is a carcinogenic, and lethal! :hug::hug:

Over here we can contact a Union, re discrimination, even though they still have you on the books.
The union can follow your case, and make sure they are not doing anything underhand in the meantime.
For any disabled person the company needs to make allowances for your disabilities, not brush them to one side and make plans to get rid of you. They need to put in place safeguards to suit your needs. That is where the union comes in to ensure they do that. Even if that means that they have to create a safe exit for you in case of emergencies.

Over here we can contact a Union, re discrimination, even though they still have you on the books.
The union can follow your case, and make sure they are not doing anything underhand in the meantime.
For any disabled person the company needs to make allowances for your disabilities, not brush them to one side and make plans to get rid of you. They need to put in place safeguards to suit your needs. That is where the union comes in to ensure they do that. Even if that means that they have to create a safe exit for you in case of emergencies.
I have to pay to join a union here and I don't have any income yet so I am waiting. But I have been thinking about joining one until I get this sorted out. I have Income Protection Insurance I have been paying for in my premiums on mu Super for retirement and I am trying to claim that but its been a long and slow process. Hoping to get some sort of payment from them by the end of the month though.

The Union over here is a small fee per month!
Income protection; We pay for these services for years, and when we need it, it is not that easy to get funds they promise, and it can take ages to sort it!! Its the same over here with any type of protection payments, that they are quick to take out money but no so quick to pay out!! I hope it does not take too long for you.

Last edited:
The Union over here is a small fee per month!
Income protection; We pay for these services for years, and when we need it, it is not that easy to get funds they promise, and it can take ages to sort it!! Its the same over here with any type of protection payments, that they are quick to take out money but no so quick to pay out!! I hope it does not take too long for you.
There was a 60 day waiver from when I last worked then my first payment is supposed to be 30 days after that but my claim hasnt even been reviewed yet as its saying they want more info from me. They have a letter from my boss AND from my doctor so they cannot refute this!

I hope it all gets sorted soon <hugs>

They aren't supposed to, but they will do everything in their power to try. Looks like you might have a little battle on your hands...

Back
Top Bottom