Alicat

Tagger
Town Favorite Extremely Likeable Previous Member of the Month
Activity

0%

Real Name
Lyn
I watch a lot of current affairs, discussions and news programs, as well as creative programs on TV. I do not watch many films these days with some exceptions. I get to know some of the well known film actors through some of the programs I watch, and the few films I love to watch. My problem is that I often remember faces, but not their names, with a few exceptions. That can be frustrating! My hubby is the opposite he watches a lot of films and has a vast collection of films! I even have DVDs bought as presents that I have not had time to watch yet!! lol
So this morning an actor Brian Cox, not to be confused with Brian Cox the Astrophysicist was on the news program talking about his latest roles. He is in a program called succession, which I had heard of, but had no idea what it was about.

I thought I would ask my knowledgeable hubby; however, he had not heard of that film/program either!! Most odd that is the first time he has not heard of something TV/Film related!! I had to look him up on google and discovered that he has been in so many films, plays and programs that I had never heard of, but also many programs that I had seen in the past.....most likely one of the actors whose face I recognise, but not the name!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(actor)

Hubby is often teasing and questioning me because I do not remember names of actors/actresses or who sang that song!! There are some that are memorable to me, probably because I enjoyed the film/song. Though I do struggle sometimes to remember them, and kick myself when hubby tells my the answer, which I should have known!
I feel as though I should know all these people! And it is frustrating trying to remember names....even names of some people I used to work with are slowly beginning to disappear! :sad: I feel like I live in a black hole!!

I’m the same way. I seriously suck with names. You can tell me your name and I’ll forget in the next 5 minutes. I feel so terrible about it, too. I’ll go so far as to adjust an entire conversation to never need to mention names.

I agree it can be embarrassing, if you bump into someone you used to know and cant remember their name or even where you knew them from.

Back
Top Bottom