Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Have any of you guys done Karaoke? My mom got me into it somewhat recently, and I think I have become obsessed haha!

I recorded myself and then played it back. You never realize how much different you sound when you actually hear yourself through other people's ears.

If you've never tried it, you totally should. Not to let others here it, necessarily, but to let yourself hear it. You might be surprised.

This is a no-judgement place, so if you want to post MP3 audio clips, please do so :wink: I know I will! haha

This is the original song:

And this is my karaoke version lol. Don't be too rough on me. The only people who have heard me sing is my mom and her karaoke club haha! (and my kids of course)
View attachment Oh Daddy.mp3

Ignore the beep, that was my dishwasher -.-

That was brilliant you have a great singing voice.
Me on the other hand I do not have a singing voice. I have heard my voice on video and as I have a sinusitis problem I always sound nasal! I even did a video tut once, and hated my voice on that so only shared it with a few close friends.
Years ago, when the kids were young and we had holidays together back then, we were in Tenerife, and there was a Karaoke Bar, my hubby and son (son aged about 8/9), enjoyed singing karaoke in the bar each day. My daughter was too shy to try it, and I would never do it as I am "tone deaf" and I cant remember lyrics when it comes to music.
My son's fav song was Lola, (kinks) and I loved hearing him sing it. My hubby has a good singing voice and could sing most songs.

I really enjoy going and hearing people sing. There are TONS there that couldn't carry a note if you put it in a basket for them, but it was still really fun. I even loved hearing the bad ones haha! One girl was trying to "show off" by doing some strange things with her voice, but it was terrible. We all still applauded, because she was brave enough to do it lol.

I have been to several karaoke nights .... Tried to sing once and was booed off the stage ... My singing really is that terrible. My kids used to go to sleep ... Just so they didn't have to listen to me sing them to sleep, I remember my youngest boy asking me when he was two, please stop mummy? And I was even kicked out of the school choir 🤷‍♀️ It was all pretty hurtful even I was younger, but I have accepted it now 😊

Oh my! That is terrible! If you have fun singing, even if you are horrible at it, there are karaoke places that aren't so judgemental. That is why I like the bar that my mom takes me to. There are LOADS of horrible singers, but they all get the same applause as those who can sing :smile:

Back
Top Bottom